Uganda National Action on Physical Disability (UNAPD) was established in 1998 by Persons with Physical Disabilities (PWPDs) for the purpose of coming together to create a common voice in airing their views, challenges, advocate for their rights, dignity, and development needs.
UNAPD envisions a society where “People with Physical Disabilities are accorded rights enjoyed by all citizens”. UNAPD is, therefore, committed to the Mission of “removing barriers in society that prevent PWPDs from enjoying their full rights”
UNAPD is seeking for PWPDs to Volunteer, details are as below.
Job Type Volunteer Position
Desired Start Date: 23rd Nov 2015
The Volunteer is a position of six months’ duration. Volunteers are assigned to work in the designated project or tasks. The volunteers are expected to work full-time and to be present in UNAPD head office. This is an unpaid position.
- Must be a physically disabled person
- English being the official language, the volunteer must be fluent in both oral and written English.
- Preferable a degree holder in development field.
- Experience of working with different disabilities
- A background in project discipline
- Ability to prepare high-quality written submissions.
- A positive attitude and sensitive manner when dealing with clients including a range of interviewing skills for dealing with challenging scenarios and passion for walking with CWDs.
- A mature work ethic.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize workload in order to adequately meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while working with limited resources.
Reports to Senior Project Officer
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interested and suitable candidates should send their cover letter and CV including three referees to our online address firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com not later than 1500hrs 10th Nov 2015.